The Auto-Setup Tools will automatically configure your email software. It can set up a new email account or adjust the configuration settings for an existing account.
Should you use POP or IMAP – in a nutshell, POP if you only have 1 computer, IMAP if you have many, home, work, mobile, laptop. If still unsure read the whole story here!
Ready to go? To use the Auto-Setup Tool, do the following:
- Close all email software applications, if any are running.
- Click one of the links above, depending on the type of connection you want to create.
- Click the Save button and save the file to your computer. You may find it convenient to save it to your desktop.
- Double-click the EmailConfig.exe file you saved in the previous step.
- You may see a pop-up window, asking if you want to run the software. Click the Run button.
- Click the button for the application you want to set up.
- Enter the following information. Note: If you want to overwrite the configuration settings for an existing email account, please enter the identical name and email address.
- Your Name—Enter your first and last name. This is the name that will appear in the From field of messages you send.
- Email Address—Enter your entire email address (e.g., [email protected]).
- If you want this email account to be your default account, click the Make this my default account box.
- If you want to adjust the configuration settings for an existing email account, be sure that the Overwrite Existing Account box is checked. Otherwise, uncheck the box.
- Click the Configure button.
- By default, your email application will open automatically when you click the "Close" button. If you do not want to open your app at this time, uncheck the Launch my email client immediately box, and then click the Close button.
- When you launch your email application, you may be prompted for your password. Enter your password in the Password box. If desired, you can save the password so that you do not need to enter it each time you check email.